1) Conflict avoidance affair: “Peace at any price” leads to problems through the avoidance of relationship issues.
2) Intimacy avoidance affair: Hurt and difficulties with emotional intimacy lead to seeking it elsewhere.
3) Sexual addiction affair: The affair is part of a pattern of repeated infidelity.
4) Empty nest affair: Children have left. This is an affair to meet the emptiness of home life after raising children.
5) Out-the-door affair: The decision to leave has been made. This is the transition.
6) Homosexual affair: Perhaps sexual orientation issues have long been denied, but are now acknowledged.
Obtain the book and find out more by clicking here.
Copyright: Simeone-DiFrancesco, Roediger & Stevens. Schemq Therapy with Couples: A Practitioner’s Guide to Healing Relationships. Wiley, 2015. No permission granted for anything other than personal use and may not be reproduced in any form without written permission from the authors and publisher.